Pages

Monday 17 January 2011

The Cress Dilemma

I am dying; quite literally dying. I have not laughed so much in such a long time.
I just received an e-mail which said, and I quote:

Graham’s doing navigation, I’m doing sharpening tools and we’ve got growing cress for you. The idea is to sow cress seeds onto paper plates through a cut-out paper mask – in a shape.


It tickled me so much. Firstly because the other chaps are doing something vaguely constructive while I have been delegated the position of Head Gardener, but also because of the way it's worded all imperatively, and the way 'in a shape' is tacked on the end like an added challenge.

As Nat says: "Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to grow cress. IN A SHAPE."

I am up for the challenge, I accept the mission, and if I do not return, please make my funeral wreath out of cress (in a shape).

No comments:

Post a Comment