Pages

Monday 27 September 2010

Keep Calm and Get Blogging!

Darling Blogosphere,
Okay, so this is my *new* blog, as the old one was filled with frankly embarrassing toss! Hopefully (though not likely) this one won't go the same way.

So, I am currently sitting on my bed amid and absolute deluge of rubbish, including a pile of knitting, numerous books and bits of shredded paper having managed to achieve precisely nothing. Needless to say, as it's nearing 8pm and I've decided (through some absurd logic) that now is an excellent time to not write an essay on anything worthwhile, but to expound my inner thoughts into the webasphere, I'd hazard a guess that nothing will be done this evening.

Anyhow, I was going to start this by discussing the apocalyptically retarded examiners who need me to write in explicit detail on every item of my graphics work that they have been produced by none other than my own fair hand, but that is dull and you would much rather be doing something fun like making cakes, or discussing child labour, or anything other than hearing me whine.

ALORS, instead I am going to offer some sage advice on a topic that is dear to all our hearts: muffins.

I was recently introduced to the concept of a 'cup muffin'. For those of you who are unaware of this idea, it is exactly what it says on the mug: a muffin, made and cooked in a mug. I shan't go into details (though if you would like a recipe for a rather disastrous version of said muffins, refer to my Tumblr ) but basically, you throw a few ingredients into a cup, mix them together, plonk them unceremoniously into the microwave (a.k.a. The Devil's Advocate of kitcheneering) for mere moments and Hey Presto! MUFFINS!

...if only it were quite so simple. The concept fails de facto, leaving you with a very messy cup (and sideboard) and a blob of semi-cooked, oversweet, throat-cloggingly unhealthy faeces. Palateable only by those who have blasted their tastebuds to Hades through years of volcanic curries - when we made these, neither Anna or I managed to finish our (frankly modest) cup-sized portions, and even then, with the aid of copious amounts of milk.

Therefore, in earnest hope of saving somone (anyone!) from this travesty, I'd advise you to avoid cupmuffins like the plague and stick to good, old-fashioned baking, in an oven, in a cake-tin, without molecule-vibrating-bastard-technology.

That is all,
Your culinary cousin-in-arms,
Rachel Fountain Eames
Civil Servant and Health Advisor.

No comments:

Post a Comment