Pages

Monday 11 October 2010

What ho!

First off, I have a horrid recurring sore throat. It returns at 9pm almost exactly, and endures until about 11am every day. God knows what's up with it.

Anyway, I have spent a large part of this evening reading P.G. Wodehouse stories aloud to myself with great enthusiasm. I have my Bertie Wooster and Jeeves voices PERFECTED, though I also really enjoyed doing a painfully gruff and proper one for the Duke of Chiswick (possibly hence enhanced throat issues...) I have strong opinions on this, and I'm going to throw it out there for the world to see - Wodehousian slang needs a mass revival, what! From now on, I am going to make it my job to include more than simply the occasional expeditionary TALLY HO!

Once I was done with that reading lark, I set to tidying up my bookshelves (which had become disastrous and painful to look at), and in doing so rediscovered my OCD tendencies whenever it comes to tidying anything. I have now got separate (and dashed well tidy!) shelves for my classics, my reading guides, my as of now alphabetised general books, my reference books, my non-fiction garb and, of course, the kiddies series shelf remains! In addition, I now have a rather spiffing audiobook shelf, for all those cassettes I don't have a player for, and such like.

I feel dashed accomplished, I'll have you know. Capital idea, it was, too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment