Pages

Thursday 25 November 2010

Der Hund ist harmlos! Die Wirtin liebst den Kuche...

are both examples of my increasing, but still mediocre German. But that is not why I am here, I am here to explain to you something of the banter I share with my padre, as it gives me immense amusement, always.

Let us take, for example, yesterday night at Parent's Evening. Even talking about that makes me feel stupidly young and foolish, 'Parent's Evening' is something children have and, though I have been free of the concept (forever!) for about 24 hours, I already feel liberated and mature. In any case, enjoy this conversation:

The following is a rough paraphrasing of what occurred, as my memory isn't spectacular. Waiting for an appointment with the spectacularly verbose presence of Mr Anderson stand two parentfolk and their singular spawn (let's call her Rachel to avoid her being confused with tadpoles):

Rachel: Hey, Dee, I like your jumper, how much was it?
Dee: Not a lot.
Rachel: I bet you were fleeced.
Dee: [sideways looking] Don't be sheepish.
Rachel: After this, can we go to a bar?
Dee: Don't take this further afield.
Rachel: Best to keep it out of farm's way. What's the time? [whips out the old pocket watch to check]
Dee: Now you're just winding me up.
Rachel: That was bad, I can't even face you.
Dee: Well, that's handy.
Rachel: Don't try and fob me off with that.
Dee: I think we ought to break this chain, now...
Mim: What..?


:) Great times.

Whats-more, it's due to snow some time in the near future - hurrah!

1 comment:

  1. That was fucking brilliance! :D

    My fave post of yours since the epic Saddest Songs :D xxx

    ReplyDelete