Pages

Thursday 4 November 2010

Hurrah!

No news is good news. This statement is no longer applicable to any situation I can think of. In a war, no news could as easily mean your platoon have been taken hostage and their lines of communication cut as that they're fighting away happy as Larry. In a political election, no news simply means that people are shit at counting, or voting, or both.

When it comes to university offers, no news is simply galling and leads to nout but constant anguish and self-doubt. In this, as with all these, news, of any kind is handy.

Today, not only was the fact I got news good, but the news itself was good. Doubleplusgood. SOMEONE doesn't think I am a layabout fraud! Newcastle want me and so, regardless whether they are practically in the arctic, are completely beyond my experience (I haven't visited them) and are my back up offer, there's a lovely glimmer of rekindled self-worth in my life again. Hurrah (and also Huzzah!)

No comments:

Post a Comment